Friday, January 25, 2008

Subject Designate Cloverfield

So, I saw Cloverfield with a few friends the other day and I've been wary of posting my thoughts about it until after a long gestation period (i.e. multiple watches and a few years of afterthought... yeah, I'm crazy). However, I will say, it's, at least, fun as hell! If you didn't like it, you either don't know what fun is, or you get sick easily. That being said, there are two reviews I'd like to point you to that sum up my feelings and represent the two sides of the same monstrous-city-fucking coin inside me. One is Tim Lucas' somewhat overly upbeat review here, and Dave Canfield's more reserved review here.

EDIT: Well, it seems Tim Lucas has had a second viewing of the film and now his thoughts are more in line with Dave Canfield's. Read it here.

No comments: