Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Scream Queen of the Month: Patty Mullen

So, there seemed to be no reaction to my first clip of the week posting, so I can only assume it didn't do much for any of you. I might just drop that feature. For now, I've decided to try a different one and see how this goes. For TWTT's first scream queen of the month, I've decided to go with someone not very well know, but who has become close to my heart.

Photobucket

Filmography:
1. Frankenhooker (1990) .... Elizabeth Shelley
2. Doom Asylum (1987) .... Judy LaRue/Kiki LaRue

While she only starred in two horror films in her entire career so far, Patty Mullen, to fans of Frankenhooker and Doom Asylum, is unforgettable. A native of New Jersey, Patty rose to fame when she became the Penthouse Pet for their august 1986 issue. The next year, she was named Penthouse Pet of the year and this clearly helped propel her into her first film roll, Doom Asylum. While she refused to get nude for Doom Asylum, that didn't stop the filmmakers from advertising the fact that their film starred a Penthouse Pet, as advertised on their posters and ads. Don't worry though, she may not be nude in the film, but she spends the whole movie in a bikini. Awesome. And, while the role isn't that much of a stretch for a hot jersey girl, she'd later get a chance to flex her acting chops in Frankenhooker. In both films, one finds it hard not to fall in love with Patty's distinctive Jersey accent, goofy laugh, big smile, and hilarious performances. Below, I've posted, to my knowledge the only interview with Mrs. Mullen. Enjoy.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Frankenhooker back in the day on TMC but I don’t remember shit about it. I’ll have to rent the DVD. Wasn’t Doom Asylum the DVD that the guy from Code Red said totally bombed and that they only sold 30 copies?
Love her accent-still looking good all these years later.
“They should do Frankenhooker Goes to Mars!” How about Frankenhooker: Back 2 Da Hood.
Chuck

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you noticed but there's a mistake in that picture. Her hands are covering her breasts.

Brad

Noah Soudrette said...

If you'd like to see photos without said mistake, go here.

Anonymous said...

I gotta watch this movie again, as I can't help but think its like a comic version of "Re-Animator"..lol...not to mention this chick is hot!

Baron Ironfury!

Anonymous said...

Noah, that site is trashy! No wonder your computer keeps crashing!
chuck

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Here is my web site: acoustic guitar chords for beginners